Introduction to the Sanskrit names of Asanas
According to legend, yoga postures or āsanas originated from Lord Śiva. Many āsanas are representative of living creatures like a fish (Matsyāsana) or a snake (Bhujaṅgāsana). There are those that are derived from nature, like the moon (Candrāsana) or a tree (Vṛkṣāsana). Some others are named after powerful mythological figures such as Virabhadrāsana and Hanumanāsana. Each name is significant especially in its original language, making it important to learn and pronounce correctly. Join Chitra Ganesh and discover the intricate Sanskrit names of asanas, learn their pronunciations, and the captivating stories that lie within.
Who Is This Class For?
- Anyone interested in this subject
- People who wish to gain a deeper understanding of Asana's Sanskrit nomenclature
- Yoga practitioners, Students, Teachers & Therapists
- Philosophers, Psychologists, Life Coaches, and Healers
|Chitra Ganesh||4th Nov||08:00 PM-09:30 PM||Introduction to the concept of āsanas from yoga philosophy.|
|Chitra Ganesh||5th Nov||08:23 PM-08:23 PM||Correct pronunciation of āsanas names in Sanskrit.|
|Chitra Ganesh||4th Nov|
08:00 PM-09:30 PM, IST
|Introduction to the concept of āsanas from yoga philosophy.|
|Chitra Ganesh||5th Nov|
08:23 PM-08:23 PM, IST
|Correct pronunciation of āsanas names in Sanskrit.|
Yoga was traditionally passed down orally from guru to student for centuries. The Sanskrit language is a part of this ancient tradition, connecting modern yoga teachers to their historical counterparts. By using Sanskrit, instructors pay homage to the yogic heritage.
Sanskrit serves as the ultimate bridge between individuals from diverse linguistic backgrounds. The charm lies in its ability to serve as a common denominator for everyone. This beautiful language establishes a profound spiritual connection, transcending linguistic barriers.
Chanting the name of an āsana in Sanskrit creates vibrations that help align the practitioner with the source of energy, building a connection between teacher and student.
Understanding the Sanskrit names of āsanas and their significance to our yoga practice helps us establish a strong connection to tradition while fostering a shared language among practitioners.
- Introduction to the concept of āsanas from yoga philosophy.
- Introduction to the Sanskrit alphabet.
- Division of postures based on supine, standing, seated, etc.
- Correct pronunciation of āsanas names in Sanskrit.
- Inclusion of stories from mythology.
Each session will deal with one element and will comprise the following,
- Theory lecture on the element of the day, along with its impact on body, mind, and life.
- Recommendations on which asana to practice to work on specific elements.
- Understanding how the elements work together through our body systems and the Prana Vayus.
FAQs Related to hellomyyoga’s Online Yoga Courses
an initiative by :
for queries :
in association with :