Time to rethink our Relationship with Plastic
While we were just worried about landfills and streams containing plastic wastes polluting soil and water resources; do you know new research reveals that microplastics can even be found in human placentas? Learn with Dr. Bala why is it important to rethink our relationship with plastic.
Who Is This Class For?
Are you eco-friendly but struggling to reduce your reliance on plastic? Are you looking for ways to be more planet-conscious? Plastic is ubiquitous in our daily lives, making it difficult to avoid. But no worries, with Dr. Bala's program, you can start taking small, manageable steps toward reducing your plastic consumption.
|Dr Balathandayuthabani Panneer Selvam||28th Jan||06:00 PM-07:00 PM||The harmful effects of plastics on the environment and people's well-being.|
|Dr Balathandayuthabani Panneer Selvam||28th Jan|
06:00 PM-07:00 PM, IST
|The harmful effects of plastics on the environment and people's well-being.|
According to the United Nations Environment Program, it is believed that 1,000 rivers account for 80% of all annual riverine plastics emitted into oceans (ranging from 8-27 million metric tons). Microplastics have been found embedded in the Arctic ice, which doesn't make this data very pleasing to look at!
This discovery shocked us but left us thinking about how many dependencies we've developed on plastic over the years. It has been shown that people are consuming microscopic plastic particles through food and drink - while they can also be breathed in!
- Providing people with practical advice and strategies to reduce the use of plastics
- Making effortless swaps, like using reusable alternatives
- Providing you with the inspiration and motivation to make the switch.
- Learning how to sort and recycle correctly to find alternatives to single-use plastics
- Providing you with the information and support needed to make these changes.
Each session will deal with one element and will comprise the following,
- Theory lecture on the element of the day, along with its impact on body, mind, and life.
- Recommendations on which asana to practice to work on specific elements.
- Understanding how the elements work together through our body systems and the Prana Vayus.
an initiative by :
for queries :
in association with :