Why All Honey Is Not The Same?
Honey is a powerful natural food that serves dual purposes - as a sweetener and as an Ayurvedic medicinal aid for enhancing human health. But do you ever wonder if you're really getting the sweet honey or just a big dollop of sugary syrup mixed with rice syrup? Did you know that despite passing the Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) and TMR (Trace Marker for Rice Syrup) tests for their honey, several renowned BRANDS still exhibit significant adulteration? Discover the secrets to effortlessly distinguishing authentic, unadulterated raw honey from the overwhelming array of organic and inorganic options, guided by the esteemed Dr Bala.
Who Is This Class For?
- Yoga teachers, Practitioners, and Enthusiasts
- Nutritionist and Dieticians
- If you are interested in healthy eating or looking to adopt a healthier lifestyle
- If you are a fan of organic food
|Dr Balathandayuthabani Panneer Selvam||16th Sep||06:00 PM-07:00 PM||Uncovering the truth of unadulterated honey|
|Dr Balathandayuthabani Panneer Selvam||16th Sep|
06:00 PM-07:00 PM, IST
|Uncovering the truth of unadulterated honey|
Down to Earth, a fortnightly magazine in 2020 exposed a shocking fraud that is putting India's beekeeping industry in jeopardy. They found that sugar syrups were being deceitfully added to honey to cheat the strict adulteration tests set by the Food Safety Standards Authority of India.
Honey adulteration can take two forms: direct or indirect. Direct adulteration occurs when a substance is intentionally added directly to honey. This can include adulteration with corn sugar, cane sugar, rice syrup, or even individual sugars. On the other hand, indirect adulteration happens when honey bees are unintentionally exposed to adulterating substances through their food sources. Both forms of adulteration are concerning and can impact the purity and quality of honey. It's crucial to be aware of these practices, as consuming adulterated honey can have negative impacts on body.
Below is an old video of Dr. Bala where he talked about Air Pollution.
- The honey adulteration practices
- Understand TMR and NMR Test
- How bees are being exposed to sugar instead of flower nectar for honey production
- Know the right way to consume honey
- Health impacts of consuming adulterated honey
Each session will deal with one element and will comprise the following,
- Theory lecture on the element of the day, along with its impact on body, mind, and life.
- Recommendations on which asana to practice to work on specific elements.
- Understanding how the elements work together through our body systems and the Prana Vayus.
FAQs Related to hellomyyoga’s Online Yoga Courses
an initiative by :
for queries :
in association with :