Talk on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
In the wake of Covid-19, many people experienced intense emotional trauma in their lives. While most will eventually recover and are able to go back to their regular lives, others aren't so lucky. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) can be a major roadblock to anyone looking to get back to a normal life after their trauma. We welcome you to this digital talk show and understand how regular yoga practice can be helpful in training the Autonomic Nervous System and equipping your intrinsic healing powers more dynamically.
Who Is This Class For?
- People with PTSD
- Family supporting a PTSD patient
- Yoga Therapists
|Dr N Ganesh Rao||18th Sep||06:15 PM-07:15 PM||Find out how mindful breathing and yoga practice can be powerful tools to rebuild life after trauma|
|Dr N Ganesh Rao||18th Sep|
06:15 PM-07:15 PM, IST
|Find out how mindful breathing and yoga practice can be powerful tools to rebuild life after trauma|
“After a traumatic experience, the human system of self-preservation seems to go onto permanent alert, as if the danger might return at any moment.”
Judith Lewis Herman, psychiatrist
The effect of a pandemic on people's lives has been profound and devastating and includes not only the physical health of people but mental health as well. WHO declared COVID-19 as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30th January 2020 and since then many surveys across the globe have recorded an unprecedented rise in mental disorders among people.
SIMPLE STRESS IS CASCADING TO TRAUMA. IT'S THE FEELING OF INSECURITY AND LONGING FOR RELIEF.
- Find out how mindful breathing and yoga practice can be powerful tools to rebuild life after trauma
- Explore the potential of yoga as a holistic approach to healing from PTSD
- Understand how yoga can help to reduce negative symptoms and improve mental wellbeing
- Discover the benefits of connecting with the body through yoga for trauma survivors
- Gather strategies for calming the nervous system to reduce stress and anxiety levels
Each session will deal with one element and will comprise the following,
- Theory lecture on the element of the day, along with its impact on body, mind, and life.
- Recommendations on which asana to practice to work on specific elements.
- Understanding how the elements work together through our body systems and the Prana Vayus.
an initiative by :
for queries :
in association with :